When is the next Cursillo weekend in our Diocese?
The next Cursillo weekend is a Spanish Cursillo May 17 – 20, 2018 at Day Spring.
What is Cursillo (pronounced Cur-See-yo)?
- It is a short course in Christian living.
- It is an opportunity for you to grow in faith and spirituality.
- It provides an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of the teachings of Jesus and how we can serve Him.
- It is an experience of living in a loving and caring Christian community.
- It provides a community that gives support and encouragement, empowering renewed Christians to persevere in carrying out their Baptismal vows.
- It is an experience full of surprises that you will never forget.
Who can attend a Cursillo weekend?
- Cursillo is open to all adult Episcopalians who attend a church where a member of the clergy staff has gone to Cursillo.
Our clergy staff who have attended Cursillo are:
- Rev Matthew
- Bishop Michael Garrison and his wife, Carol
- Deacons Irv and Joyce Maranville
- Deacon Bruce Gillies
Where is Cursillo held?
Day Spring Conference Center in Ellenton.
Who is available to sponsor me to attend a Cursillo weekend.
- Michael or Carol Garrison
- Matthew Grunfeld
- Bruce Gillies
- Dean or Karen Jones
- Karen Bigger
- Jeanne Akers
- Fran Miller
- Addie Sanders
- John Goodhue
- Ann Lewis
- Ann Fletcher
- Linda George
What happens after Cursillo?
- You are encouraged to look for opportunities to follow the great commission of Christ:
- Make disciples of all people.
- Minister God’s redemptive gifts of love and grace.
- Attend a group reunion, 4th Day Gathering
- Attend an Ultreya (usually meets monthly, dates, time, and places will be posted on our website)
- Volunteer to be a sponsor for someone attending a Cursillo weekend
- Volunteer to work on a Cursillo team (see Karen Jones for an application form)
- Serve in a Leadership position at church or in the Diocese